Welcome to the Mulhern Family

Kelly and I would love to share our family with yours! Check back often to see what we are up to and the crazy things Ellie is learning, saying, and doing!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Flu

The flu hit our house with a vengeance.  You'd think that since we don't send Ellie to daycare she wouldn't get sick but apparently we were wrong.  When we left Iowa I had a sinus infection that wouldn't go away so when Ellie started to get sick I just thought that that's what she had.  When she spiked a 102 degree fever our pediatrician suggested we get to the hospital right away the next morning so we did and as it turns out she had Influenza A!  When we took her down to our naturopath the first thing the doctors said was, "daddy gets to be the main caregiver now, you can't hold her!'

So this began the longest week in Kelly's week I'm sure and one of the hardest for me since she was born.  I was banished from the house for two days and Kelly got to give her round the clock care.  He was amazing!

I'm happy to report that after 11 days and three trips to the doctor and one trip to the chiropractor she is back to normal and so far Kelly and I haven't caught the dreadful flu. 

This past weekend four of my sister in laws came to visit the house.  Kelly and Ellie got evicted this time for the weekend.  We had a blast just sitting around talking, eating, they did a little (and I do mean little) drinking, and shopping.  I'm sure our husbands would have thought we were boring bumps on a log but it's amazing the conversations you can have when you don't have wee ones interrupting every other sentence.  Plus we all got the chance to see Mark before he heads off on deployment!  Next summer we will hit up exciting Okoboji for our girls weekend.  It is such a fun tradition to start and I feel so blessed to have married into such an amazing family.

Now we are preparing for the little one's arrival and taking one last trip to Denver for Bucky's college graduation!  We have an ultrasound in three weeks so I'll try and put them on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment